Supported Employment Specialists assist individuals with mental or substance use disorders find competitive employment opportunities in the Northern Kentucky area. This program involves a unique collaboration between MHANKYSWOH and the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rebabilitation (KY OVR). The program is designed to return people with mental health and/or substance abuse problems to the workforce or place them for the first time in competitive employment.
What makes supported employment unique?
- Our focus is on you!
- We work to get you back into the workforce or into the workplace for the first time in competitive employment.
- Services are free.
- Peer-to-peer services are available.
Supported Employment Peer Support
At Mental Health America we believe in a holistic approach that can positively impact all parts of your life. We have Kentucky Certified Peer Support Specialists who use their experience, strength and hope to engage and work with you on anything that can affect your quality of life in regards to employment.
- Peer to Peer services engage with participants at their level
- Kentucky Certified Peer Support Specialists have a Career Coaching Group for anyone to better their work skills for free at the P.I.E.R. Recovery Community Center located at 1002 Monmouth St in Newport, KY
- Our Kentucky Certified Peer Support Specialists will be continuously working with you with different aspects of recovery that can affect your employment such as:
- Identifying natural supports
About Supported Employment Process Steps.pdf
About IPS and CSE Supported Employment Process Steps.pdf